Saturday, February 23, 2008

Ball

It's been too long since I last wrote so I apologize for that. I've had a busy but pretty uneventful week. I'm the producer this week for newslink which basically means I'm the boss. I started on Thursday and will be producing the newscast until this coming Wednesday.

I'll give you a quick explaination of what I do as a producer. I assign stories to the crews for each day and then I assemble the three news briefs which we broadcast. The producer is responsible for making sure everything goes smoothly during the day. All of these things are pretty cool but I'm also just stuck in the newsroom all day so that gets a little boring. The other interesting thing has been the fact that on Thursday and Friday, my first two days producing, our head instructor has been out sick. On Thursday, the other instructor was there but he was off on Friday so it was all me then. Anyway...that's what I've been doing.

Also, I wanna take a little time to talk about basketball. I'm so proud of my beloved UK Wildcats. They've been fighting so hard and are one quite a streak right now (except that Vandy game, which we won't talk about). I think this season has been on of the most frustrating and rewarding seasons to be a Wildcat fan in a long time.

Corey and I went to Lexington on Tuesday night to watch UK play Georgia. We had a great time and the Cats won so it was a really really fun trip for us.

Last night I went to the Marion Giants vs. Fort Wayne Snider game with my Dad's cousin, Phil Berkley. It was a very competitive game and myself being an Indiana high school basketball fan it was a great venue in a gym with TONS of history at Marion. Marion won and they have a very good chance of making a deep tournament run.

In other high school basketball, I'm really wishing I could be at Ron Furgeson Gymnasium tonight as the Rams and the Wolfpack renew thier rivalry. It should be a great atmosphere as the Rams take on old coach Mike Brown.

That's about it for now.

Oh by the way, I can't wait to get on a golf course!