Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Gospel and Murder

I tried to share the gospel today. I've never felt good at it (I'm not sure anyone really feels like they're good at telling people about Jesus) but I not only feel insuficient in my efforts to be more honest with you I feel scared to death. But yesterday I saw a door creep open and I knew today I would have a chance to really share about Jesus, and thankfully when the opportunity came today, the Lord put some words in my mouth.

I was out chasing scanner talk with my partner/photographer Megan yesterday and we began talking about Marriage (she's married and has a 2 year old son) and that led to talk about what the Bible says about sex before marriage. Let me say here that she asked me why Jessie and I chose to live the way we do (like not sleeping at each other's places) and so I explained and that led to more questions. However, yesterday this whole conversation took place as she was dropping me off at my apartment so I didn't get to go into much depth and that was certainly a blessing.

I kenw that I would have an opportunity today so I asked one of my room mates about some very good questions Megan had asked (ie: Aren't some parts of the Bible irrelevant of out-dated?) and how he would respond to those questions and ultimately how I could turn the conversation to the gospel.

So today the opportunity presented itself. I don't know how it went. I know I talked a lot (probably way too much) but she did have several good responses. I also know that she has a desire to know the Lord and I'm praying the Lord will use what I said. I also know that sharing the gospel is scary, difficult, and joyful.

Oh, and about the murder part. Megan and I covered a murder today. We got to the scene shortly after the police arrived and we didn't really see anything graphic but we did see the investigation in progress. I hope I don't sound strange or inhumane when I say this but it was a very intriguing and cool story for us. At the time we aired the story there was no suspect we knew about so that's kinda scary.

Other than all that...just another day in Cameron's Chronicles!