Sunday, April 27, 2008

Next Semester

I'm not sure how many of you are aware of what I'm a part of next semester. I'll be part of a brand new program, one that has never been done before at any university in the country, called sports immersion. (Our name is still being decided so it will be much more flashy than "sports immersion")

In fact, Sports Video Group, is doing a story about what our program is going to be about on thier website tomorrow. This is a link to thier website.

Our group, which consists of 12 students, 4 faculty, and 1 graduate assistant, had a meeting tonight to discuss what next semester will look like. I'll tell you a few of the ideas that are looking like they're going to happen.

This program is going to be somewhat similar to what I did with Newslink Indiana although it will be completely about Ball State sports. We will be working on many packages about players, coaches, teams, cheerleaders, fanatical fans, referees, and more. We will also be doing some remotes. Remotes are simply games televised from location just like ESPN, CBS, NBC, and others do all of the time. This will be great experience because it is exactly what I want to do for a career. (I'll still be doing play-by-play for all of Ball State's football games on WCRD)

We'll also be doing atleast one 30-minute show a week. This is simply going to be a place for us to show our material.

We're going to have a website which will feature all of our packages, shows, podcasts, and other things.

More than likely, we'll also be working with The Big Ten Network and ESPN on some remotes during the semester.

We'll also be sending a package that we do on, for example, a player from Toledo to the Toledo tv stations to allow them to show it.

So, this all adds up to some amazing experience and resume building blocks. In essence, I could have on my resume that I've had my material show or worked with- ESPN, The Big Ten Network, numerous local tv affiliates, and ballstatesports.com.

I am so extremely excited about this opportunity. I'm going to be very busy because I'm going to also have a few other classes on top of my responsibilites with sports immersion but the experience is going to be invaluable.

I'll keep you updated on new developements about this over the summer.

If you would like to give input on potential names for our program then here's a few of the top choices:
1. Cardinal Sports 360
2. Cardinal and White Sports Focus
3. Cardinal Sports 365
4. Your idea