Friday, August 1, 2008

I'm Back

Hey everyone! It's been several days since I last updated you here on my blog and I apologize for that. Last week I was at a week of camp in northeastern Ohio at Elkhorn Valley Christian Service Camp. It was a wonderful week with a great group of 7th and 8th graders and superb faculty.

There were 43 campers at the week and they were so generous in their offering! I really enjoyed getting to know all of the students and all in all it was a really good week of camp.

A few highlights for me from the week:
1. Dustin (a 7th grader who was a great (although very little) guy) deciding to give his life to Jesus.
2. The wonderful offering that the students gave for Teen Mission
3. The new friends I made (especially the faculty from Fri st Christian Church from Barnsville, OH)
4. The awesome high ropes course! I'll explain it to you...There were three stations that we did. The first was a zip line which was about 100 yards long. You climbed a tree to platform about 35 feet high. Then you were hooked on to the zip line with your harness and you simply jumped and let gravity do the rest. For the second station there was a log about 25 feet long hung between two trees at a height of about 35 feet. You hooked on to a pulley system and climbed up a tree and tight walked the log. I was pretty scared of this one but it was fun. The last station was very similar to the second expect instead of a log it was simply a wire. It was really cool!
5. The awesome slip and slide! This slip and slide was probably 100 yards long and it was permanent. There was a water pump with a pipe that pumped the water from a pond all the way to the top. Then you went down the slide and ramped into the pond.

I really had a good time and it was a really nice way to end my summer full of church camps!

I'll be updated you on more of what's been going on in the next few days.