Thursday, August 7, 2008

Meeting Billy Clyde

Today I accomplished one of my top goals for my summer in Lexington...I met Billy Clyde Gillispie...the coach for the University of Kentucky Wildcats basetball team. We did a sit down one-on-one interview with the head coach today about some basketball camps he is promoting in the coming weeks. He was exactly what I expected him to be...just plain ol' Billy Clyde. He wore golf shorts with loafers and no soaks. He tucked his UK polo shirt in but only to realize he had forgetten his belt. He talked about how much he and his staff just loved people and how he looked forward to making people's day when he shook thier hand. He was very engaging and an all around nice guy. In reality...he is the only way a coach named Billy Clyde could be...just plain and simple.