Friday, January 25, 2008

School Bus Crash and Sickness

Today I covered an accident involving a semi, 3 other vehicles, and a school bus. It wasn't nearly as bad as it sounds but it was still quite a mess. There weren't any serious injuries so that was good. The accident happened when the semi didn't slow down while the school bus was stopped on the highway picking up a student. The semi slammed into a van which slammed into an SUV which slammed into a car which slammed into the bus....I know, pretty wild! There other thing about shooting the story was that by the time my photog and I got there it was only about 9:15 am so it was still pretty cold....when I say pretty cold I mean it was 1 degree with out considering the wind chill! So that made things a little crazy.
Sickness...Jessie hadn't been feeling well for most of the week and yesterday she finally went to the Ball State health center. She found out that she has strep throat and of course I figured I wouldn't be far behind. So today, after I was done with the bus crash story I went over to the health center myself and although I didn't test positive for strep the doctor said I sounded like strep might be in the works. She also said my throat also looked like I could have it so she gave me a prescription (the same Jessie has) and made a joke about how we could be a cute couple taking our antibiotics together. I'm hoping I can head the strep off and get it out of the way.