Monday, February 4, 2008

Thoughts

I had a good weekend. I made a few bucks officiating a JV boys basketball game on Friday night then Jessie and a few of her friends and I went to a concert at this cool little place downtown (Jessie and I go there often) and it was really fun. Saturday I got to sleep in! It's been a pretty long time since I got to sleep in past 7:00ish so it was really nice to be able to sleep until 9:30. I was also able to get a few things done around my apartment like laundry, dishes, cleaning the bathroom, and straightening up my room. (My room get pretty messy during the week because I just want to lounge when I get home in the evenings)

Sunday I had to officiate indoor flag football but it wasn't too bad and then one of my roommates- Andrew- and his fiance came over and Jessie and I had a superbowl party with them. Jessie and Heather cooked up a really good meal of steaks, mashed potatoes, corn, and cake! The game was really enjoyable aswell. Not only did the Patriots lose which I thoroughly enjoyed but the game was also just a fun game to watch. We were all on the edge of our seats for the last 8 minutes or so!

Today Steve and I covered a tough story. On Friday night a couple from a local high school died in a car crash. It was the second bad car crash involving teenagers in one week in Henry county (my beat county) so Steve and I decided to do a story on how emergency personel deal with tragic events day in and day out. However, we also went to the high school and spoke with the principle and it was a really tough situation. The school is a small school...maybe 60 kids in the graduating class so everyone was taking things hard. The mother of the boy that died is also a teacher at the elementary school so the staff and everyone was hurting pretty bad. The story turned out pretty good. Once again if you want to watch it you can go to www.newslinkindiana.com.

Right now...I'm sitting in my living room...I just had a tostinos pizza for diner..yum! and now I'm watching a classic movie (at least it's a classic for me) ...................KARATE KID! So I'm done writing for now.