Saturday, May 24, 2008

I'm Actually Doing Stuff

I was a little bit worried heading into my internship at WKYT that I would not really get to do much more than go fetch the carry out or watch the video feed to make sure nothing "went wrong." However, after only a couple of weeks at WKYT I'm already really getting my hands dirty.

WKYT is in a unique circumstance because not only do they produce all of the newscasts for WKYT but they (or I guess I could say "we") are also responsible for the local fox affiliate's news show at 10 pm. So...last night Drew Deener, the weeknight sports anchor for WKYT let me produce the entire 7 minute sports segment for Fox's 10 pm show. I chose which stories we would run, I wrote those stories, then I edited the video for those stories. The only part of the segment I didn't do was the actually on-air delivery. It was a cool learning experience. And, in case you were wondering, everything went perfectly smooth.

I'm home for the holiday weekend and I'm enjoying some time with Jessie and my family! I'll write again soon.