Friday, May 30, 2008

My First Motorcycle Ride

This picture used without the written consent of Samuel Curtis Bowles
Sam brought up a very good point regarding my post about last weekend. I failed to mention that he had let me ride his motorcycle! Sam, I apologize for leaving that very exciting detail out of my post! :)

Most of you probably know this about me but I'll say it anyway...I'm not a dare devil in the least! I never enjoyed riding my bike over ramps or jumping from roof tops. I don't even like climbing trees. This may come as a surprise to you but it's really true. I don't typically drive fast...although I have been stopped a few times. (I certainly don't drive fast now because it is so inefficient for fuel) I do love roller coasters and scary rides but that's about as crazy as I get when it comes to doing things that could hurt me. I've always admired Sam because he is willing to try just about anything. I think most of you can recall a broken arm he suffered because he fell out of a tree he was climbing.

This difference between us was once again evident over the weekend when I took a short ride on his motorcycle. I was scared! I didn't go fast, I didn't make any sharp turns...in fact, I made a very wide turn. I never even got the bike out of 1st gear! It's funny but we've both always been like that. What can I say? I'm just a scaredy cat!