Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Fun Weekend!

Today is the end of a very fun weekend for me. As I mentioned in my last post I was tired from two straight weeks of church camp...but I wasn't too tired to enjoy a great weekend with friends and family.
I was lucky to go to the same week of camp this week as the Cincinnati Christian Unviersity team that came to our week at Scenic Hills two weeks ago. I really became good friends with Brittany, Katy, Nate, and Sam from CCU and so did the rest of the Hillview faculty from the Scenic Hills week. So Sam (Bowles) and Jessie (my girlfriend) decided they would come to KCA on Friday and hang out with the CCU team and me.
When we left Kentucky Christian Assembly about 2 pm we decided we needed to party it up in Lexington before the CCU team headed back to Cincy. So we came back to Ken and Carol's house (Ken and Carol are in Africa right now) and just enjoyed each other's company for a while. Then we headed to the Mall where Sam Bowles made a cool purchase (He might blog about it so I won't) and then we went to Red Robbin (a very good O'Charley's like resturant) I had perhaps the best burger of my entire life for dinner and enjoyed some great laughs with friends before topping the night off with some coldstone ice cream and then a movie (The Bucket List).
Yesterday was also a very fun day as my Granny and Grandad came and
picked Jessie and me up this morning and took us to Shaker Village (picture below) outside of Harrodsburg, KY. It was a really neat experience and I learned a lot about the Shaker's, their dances, furniture, and architecture. After experience Shaker Village we went to the Cash family reunion and had some great food. Then Granny and Grandad brought me back to Lexington and headed home, unfortunately taking Jessie with them.



All in all a really good weekend!