Thursday, June 26, 2008

Why I Love Hillview Christian Church

I spent my lunch today eating some fried chicken at KFC along side Greg and Leonard from Teen Mission. I really enjoy our lunches together...we always seem to get into some very compelling and thought provoking conversation. Today's topic was simply about local churches (as opposed to "The Church") As we discussed our thoughts and feelings on everything from elders and leadership to worship music my mind couldn't help but wander back home...to my church.

I love Hillview Christian Church. I really do. I love that we are a church with a vision. I love that we are a church compiled of people from every different walk of life but we still come together to worship our Lord and Savior. I love that we aren't afraid of trying new things. I love that we aren't afraid to disagree, to discuss, and to move forward. I love that we care about our communities. I love that we care about our children and youth. I love that we care about the big picture by supporting missionaries all across the world and by have a mission focus. I love that we have people, as I write this, that are taking the love of Christ to people in Honduras. I love that we raise up our youth so that God calls them to give their lives to ministry. I love that we teach the Bible. I love that the older and wiser members of our church are willing to be "contemporary." I love that we love to eat and drink coffee. I love that we podcast! I love that we stand around and visit for an hour and a half after Sunday morning services are over. I love that we have many grandparents that have brought their children and now their children's children up in Christ. I love that we want to do more. And most of all I love that we love.