Monday, July 14, 2008

Golf with My Best Friends

My dad and brother, Corey, came to visit me and have a little golf weekend. They came yesterday afternoon and we played The Bull golf course in Richmond. It was a beautiful golf course and yesterday was an absolutely perfect day. We had a great time. Corey won the day with an 82...I followed closely behind with an 84 and Dad fired an 88.

The most exciting time was certainly on the 121 yard par 3 (below) on the back nine. The hole was really down hill with water on the left. The pin was on the front of the green. Corey was the first to tee off and he hit what we all thought was a pretty good shot. It hit about 3 yards past and to the right of the pin. His ball hit the green and started to trickle back toward the cup. All three of us started to get excited. We began pacing back and forth on the tee and just watching in awe. The ball trickled for probably 20 seconds and we all thought for sure it was going to be the first hole-in-one for Corey. (Dad and I have never hit one either) The ball stopped just 1 inch short of the hole...I'm not exageratting either...it was literally one inch! We all agreed that it was exactly the way we wanted to get a hole in one. All of us together and on a beautiful course and great day.

Today we played one of my local favorites, Tates Creek golf course. I won the day and with an 80. Corey and Dad both fired 86. It was once again a really great day of golf and I'm enjoying playing with this two guys more than I enjoy playing with anybody else.

We have a tee time at Cherry Blossom golf course for 4 this afternoon. I'm looking forward to another shot at the course.